Spades Labour Hire strives to develop a privacy culture within the organisation by promoting sound privacy practices, procedures and systems for the management of personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act).
‘Personal information’ is defined in the Act to mean any information or opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Collection and Storage of Personal Information
Where possible, Spades Labour Hire collects your personal information directly from you during the course of your relationship with Spades Labour Hire. Where it is not practicable or reasonable to collect your personal information directly from you, Spades Labour Hire may collect it from other sources. Spades Labour Hire usually collects and holds the following kinds of personal information about a person:
1. Contact details including phone number, email address, home address and billing address;
2. Information about a person’s dealings with Spades Labour Hire or Spades Labour Hire’s customers and suppliers;
3. Payment details; and
4. Other personal information that Spades Labour Hire collects in the course of a transaction or dealing with a person or that a person otherwise provides Spades Labour Hire.
How Spades Labour Hire Will Use and Disclose Your Personal Information
Spades Labour Hire uses your personal information for the purposes of:
1. Providing Spades Labour Hire’s services to you;
2. Facilitating contact between Providers and you regarding any Application(s) you have made via the Site;
3. Developing Spades Labour Hire’s services;
4. Spades Labour Hire’s internal management needs;
5. Spades Labour Hire’s marketing activities (i.e. newsletters and SMS);
6. Spades Labour Hire’s commercial activities (including monetising data from Spades Labour Hire’s collection of personal information);
7. Responding to any inquiries or comments that you submit to Spades Labour Hire;
8. Any other purpose you have consented to;
9. Any use which is required or authorised by law; and
10. For coaching and staff training purposes.
If you decide to complete an online form maintained by or on behalf of Spades Labour Hire on the Site, the personal information that you enter into the online form will be collected and may be used by Spades Labour Hire as detailed above.
Spades Labour Hire may disclose your personal information to various third parties that provide services to Spades Labour Hire, including third parties that provide Spades Labour Hire’s payment gateway, marketing, logistics and technology support services. This may include providing your personal information to third parties that are located outside of Australia.
Spades Labour Hire may disclose your personal information to various third parties for the following purposes:
1. To send you marketing material for Offers Spades Labour Hire thinks might interest you (whether or not related to your application);
2. For administration purposes (including but not limited to processing any Application; and
3. For such other purposes as Spades Labour Hire shall in its sole discretion determine, including for Spades Labour Hire’s commercial advantage.
It is a condition of your use of the Site that you agree to allow your personal information to be disclosed to Providers and for them to establish contact with you.
Unless otherwise prohibited by law, Spades Labour Hire may disclose your personal information if it is required to do so by law, court order, or as requested by a governmental or law enforcement authority, or in the good faith belief that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable. Such situations may include: to perform, maintain or enforce contracts with Spades Labour Hire’s users or suppliers; to protect the rights or property of Spades Labour Hire, Spades Labour Hire’s business affiliates, Spades Labour Hire’s users or others; or when Spades Labour Hire has reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing, or who may be threatening to cause, interference with or damage to Spades Labour Hire’s rights or property, whether intentionally or otherwise; or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
Like most websites and applications, there is certain information the Site automatically tracks, including the URL that you just came from, the browser you are using and your IP address. This data is utilised to improve the services of Spades Labour Hire and does not include any personal information.
Opting Out of Promotional Information
Spades Labour Hire works hard to provide its customers with the best possible service at all times. From time to time, Spades Labour Hire will send its customers newsletters, updates and other useful information. Spades Labour Hire hopes that you will find these items informative and useful. However, should you choose to not receive them in the future, you will have the ability to unsubscribe from the marketing database by following the Unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, SMS or push notification.
The accuracy of your personal information is important to Spades Labour Hire and is fundamental to providing you with relevant services. Spades Labour Hire seeks to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date and, in the case of use or disclosure, relevant.
Spades Labour Hire holds your personal information in a variety of forms including paper-based and electronic files and takes reasonable measures to protect that information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Spades Labour Hire has a broad range of security safeguards in place to protect your personal information, including that:
1. All electronic databases incorporate strict password access and virus and firewall protection procedures; and
2. Physical and logical security measures are employed to deal with external threats and the possibility of internal ones.
You may request access to the personal information Spades Labour Hire holds about you at any time, by using Spades Labour Hire’s contact details below. Spades Labour Hire will acknowledge your request for access and let you know when Spades Labour Hire will provide you with the requested information. If Spades Labour Hire refuses access, Spades Labour Hire will provide you with a written notice which sets out (unless the law allows Spades Labour Hire not to specify a reason) the reason(s) for the refusal and how you can complain about Spades Labour Hire’s refusal. Spades Labour Hire may recover Spades Labour Hire’s reasonable costs for giving you access to your personal information.
Where Spades Labour Hire believes that the personal information it holds about you is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, Spades Labour Hire will take reasonable steps to correct that information and (if you ask and it is reasonable and practicable for Spades Labour Hire to do so) to notify that correction to third parties that may have received the incorrect information from Spades Labour Hire.
If you believe that personal information Spades Labour Hire holds about you should be corrected, you may request that Spades Labour Hire correct that information by using Spades Labour Hire’s contact details below. If Spades Labour Hire does not agree with the corrections you have requested, Spades Labour Hire is not obliged to alter your personal information. Instead, Spades Labour Hire will give you a written notice which sets out (unless the law allows Spades Labour Hire not to specify a reason) the reason(s) for Spades Labour Hire’s refusal and how you can complain about Spades Labour Hire’s refusal. You can also ask Spades Labour Hire to associate a statement with the relevant information that puts your view that it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Spades Labour Hire will not charge you for making a correction request, for correcting your personal information or for associating a statement with your personal information.
Enquiries and Complaints